GENERAL INFORMATION OF BORDER GUARD BANLGADESH SECTOR HEADQUARTER,KHULNA
Khulna Sector is the second oldest sector of Border Guard Bangladesh which was raised on 01 October 1958 at Jessore with 4th and 5th wings of East Pakistan Rifles located at Jessore and Chuadanga respectively. Later on, the Sector Headquarters was shifted to it's present location at Goalkhali, Khulna on 13 April 1979. Subsequently, two battalions were raised under this sector at Nildumur and Satkhira in early eighties. At that time this sector used to guard the entire frontier of Khulna Division. A new sector was raised at Chuadanga in 1991 with two battalions at Chuadanga and Kushtia which later moved to Kushtia in 1992. Since then Khulna sector had 3 x battalions located at Jessore, Satkhira and Nildumur. From July 2002, another battalion was placed under this Sector as co-located Battalion. This Sector also has one Riverine Border Guard Company placed under it's command since 1981.