Dinajpur Sector was raised on 10th October 1958 at PARBATIPUR and later shifted to DINAJPUR in the same year. The total land for the Sector Headquarter and co-located Battalion is 59.69 acres.This Sector actively participated and had monumental contribution to the Liveration War during 1971. 5 brave soldiers of this Sector have supreme sacrifice for our independence. Following are the name of those brave soldiers:
4745 Havilder Md Shekh Janab Ali
9290 Sepoy Md Abdus Sattar
7820 " Md Joynal Abedin
4265 " Md Yeakub Ali
10186 Havilder Signal Md Abdul Maleque
This Sector has 3 X Border Guard Battalions in its organogram namely 2, 3 and 40 Border Guard Battalion.